Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From the Floor to Five(k)!

So, apparently there is a program a girl can do that takes her from the COUCH (mine might take longer than expected because, I fear, I'm even more out of shape than a couch. I'm much closer to having the stamina of a floor. No heavy lifting has been done with these legs for quite some time.) to running a 5k (for all you people out there who don't know what I'm talking about, that's a distance "race".. And, nope, I'm not talking about running from the police because I just stole a 5k diamond, no ma'am, I'm not! - the "k" stands for kilometers.. Want to know what that means in not-so-cool girl (by cool girl, I mean, girls that DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL A KILOMETER REALLY IS!) lingo..

Here is the conversion...

1 kilometer = 0.621371192 miles
which means.....
5 km = 3.10685 miles.

Awesome, huh?

So, by the end of this, I plan on being able to run 3.10685 miles! You bet your big flabby ass (don't worry, I'm betting MINE too!) I do!)

Here's the website I'm following (like a little chubby donkey who has picked up a Twinkie scent)!http://mindplunge.com/c25k/c25k.html

It's a 9 week program.3 workouts a week (ranging from 20-30 minutes). Ending with, ME running 3 miles in 30 minutes (we'll see)!

3 comments:

  1. Michael, a 5K is NOT 5,000 miles. :-) Good luck! How far are you in? I should join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she's started yet, Kelly! =) I kid, I kid! I haven't gotten on a treadmill or anything like it in over 3 1/2 hrs! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 1/2 hours? That's all? Sheesh! Is Rocky running a "Sweat Shop" in Iowa? ;)

    ReplyDelete